Each week brings us closer to the Cudos mainnet launch. The dress rehearsal (DR), a replication of the mainnet network, has enabled rigorous end-to-end testing of the Cudos network and allowed us to implement necessary improvements to the genesis process. At the early stages of the mainnet launch process, the emergent genesis file on the Cosmos side will reflect the token allocation used for the ERC-20 version of the token on Ethereum. This will enable a smooth migration of tokens between the two chains and avoid discrepancies between the values on each. The complexity of this process and its importance necessitates exhaustive network-wide testing, a time-consuming but unavoidable exercise in quality assurance. This goes hand-in-hand with the network infrastructure testing to ensure the chain is optimised and secure.
In addition, this week saw enhanced Validator participation with a 93% engagement rate in the ongoing DR and significant progress in our token migration plan. Here are some of the most pressing issues we are currently addressing.
- Mainnet dress rehearsal: The dress rehearsal network (mainnet replica network) is operational, and we are currently testing it exhaustively. Coordination with validators went smoothly, with most Validators successfully running the DR Network (93%) and are now eligible to join our Mainnet genesis file. More Validators are expected to participate in the future.
- Staking compensation: As previously indicated, we will compensate for income lost during the staking pause by financing the difference in Stakers’ native wallets (for all those who mapped). For those staking on AscendEX, we have a commitment from them to do the same once they receive payment following the mainnet launch.
- Testnet chain halt issue: This was highlighted in our previous update. We determined that the problem is related to an open Tendermint issue which we have addressed.
- Outstanding issues: The final steps involve resolving any faults that arise (while thoroughly testing the DR network) – our quality assurance techniques are improving. As part of this, we are tackling various infrastructure-related tasks for Explorers, Gravity Bridge, and Legacy MultiSig/composite wallets.
Learn more: Cudos Labs: development update!
- Testnet reward winners: In case you missed it, here is our comprehensive list of project Artemis reward winners. As the fourth phase unfolds, this list is sure to get longer. At the conclusion of phase 4, we will reveal a final list of winners.
Follow our weekly developer updates to keep up to date with the Cudos Network’s progress. You can also follow our social media communities to stay informed on the latest announcements about our mainnet readiness, partnerships, initiatives, and more. In the meantime, anyone can use explorer.cudos.org to learn more about the network or docs.cudos.org to understand how to deploy a smart contract on it.
Support our mainnet preparations
You can still join the final phase of our incentivised testnet as a developer and take on our outstanding tasks. The tasks are detailed here. Dive in.
Participating in tasks such as creating smart contracts, deploying the gravity bridge, minting and transferring an NFT, creating content, and more could earn you substantial rewards.
- Join the Cudos’ Discord server
- Join the Cudos’ Telegram community
- Buy CUDOS tokens
- Become a Cudos ambassador.
Cudos is powering the metaverse bringing together DeFi, NFTs, and gaming experiences to realise the vision of a decentralised Web 3.0, enabling all users to benefit from the growth of the network. We’re an interoperable, open platform launchpad that will provide the infrastructure required to meet the 1000x higher computing needs for the creation of fully immersive, gamified digital realities. Cudos is a Layer 1 blockchain and Layer 2 community-governed compute network, designed to ensure decentralised, permissionless access to high-performance computing at scale. Our native utility token CUDOS is the lifeblood of our network and offers an attractive annual yield and liquidity for stakers and holders.