Since officially launching in October 2022, Cudo Compute’s focus has been on improving the user experience, adding new functionality, and making improvements based on internal and external feedback.
Earlier this month, Cudo Compute officially launched. These regular updates aim to inform users and prospects about new features and functionality and the future roadmap.
Progress update – October 2022
- Release of Cudo Compute, including full self-sign-up, billing and self-service functionality to build, manage and configure virtual machines.
- A brand new website featuring all product capabilities and a live marketplace showing pricing and availability.
- Documentation portal allowing Cudo Compute users access detailed guidance docs on how to use the platform.
- Improved user experience – view the data you need on the correct pages for a streamlined experience based on feedback from early adopters.
- Design improvements – adding a bit more colour (and life!) to some of the cards you see in the user interface.
- The ability to add payment methods from the billing account page removes the need to go deeper in the Cudo Compute hierarchy.
- Better consumption history – showing a granular output of what you paid for, including the ability to print and export invoices as PDFs.
- Implemented new tooltips in the ‘Build VM’ interface to help you better understand some of the sections, why they are needed, and what they relate to.
- Condensed the list of available operating system templates based on your feedback. However, if you cannot see the template you’re looking for, just submit your feedback!
- Updated filter steppers on the marketplace for more granular options when searching for specifications, locations, and availability.
- Included a call to action for new location requests – Cudo Compute will work with its global partners to deliver the geographical diversity you may need.
- Lots of internal tooling to launch campaigns targeting specific use cases and better understand where users are coming from and how they use the platform.
- Many minor bug fixes and improvements.
Stay tuned for the upcoming features to be released on Cudo Compute!
What to do now?
Join the revolution to create a fairer cloud that democratises computing by transferring ownership to everyone and allowing them to benefit from the growth of the network.
- Become a supplier to monetise your spare capacity.
- Become a buyer and benefit from hardware diversity at a competitive price.
- Give your feedback to help improve the platform.
About Cudo Compute
Cudo Compute is a fairer cloud computing platform for everyone. It provides access to distributed resources by leveraging underutilised computing globally on idle data centre hardware. It allows users to deploy virtual machines on the world’s first democratised cloud platform, finding the optimal resources in the ideal location at the best price.
Cudo Compute aims to democratise the public cloud by delivering a more sustainable economic, environmental, and societal model for computing by empowering businesses and individuals to monetise unused resources.
Our platform allows organisations and developers to deploy, run and scale based on demands without the constraints of centralised cloud environments. As a result, we realise significant availability, proximity and cost benefits for customers by simplifying their access to a broader pool of high-powered computing and distributed resources at the edge.