This coming Monday, 20 September 2021, we’re launching phase one of our incentivised testnet, Project Artemis.
“This is an exciting time for our Product team as we’ve been working hard with the engineers to build this new special-purpose Cudos blockchain. Project Artemis is the first time we’ll be letting our community loose on it. We can’t wait to see what people use it for, and we’re eagerly awaiting more feedback to continue our journey towards a mainnet release!” commented Ethan Illingworth, our Blockchain Product Manager.
Project Artemis goals
Our incentivised testnet aims to accomplish three key things.
- Secure the network
We want users to try everything… from logging errors and giving qualitative feedback to looping this back into development for mainnet and ensuring a bulletproof platform in production.
- Foster innovation
Project Artemis incentives promote exploration and innovation in our network to get developers building with us.
- Grow the community
We aim to grow a diverse network of validators to ensure security and availability. The testnet phases will ensure you’re familiar with the process of running a node.
Project Artemis phases
Cudos intends to run their incentivised testnet over four distinct phases.
- Phase 1 – Apollo (setup) – Starter tasks for onboarding Validators and users, focussing on account creation, hardware provisioning, node syncing and the CUDOS faucet.
- Phase 2 – Buzz (platform testing) – Test all aspects of Validation, including staking, delegated staking, rewards.
- Phase 3 – Armstrong (adversarial stress test) – A coordinated strike to bring as much diversity in transaction activity as possible to the Cudos Network.
- Phase 4 – Collins (migration testing) – A dry-run of the genesis and migration plan for the new native Cudos Network.
Matt Hawkins, our founder and CEO, commented, “We are proud to be launching our Public Testnet Project Artemis. This stage is the culmination of many years of work. With over 20,000 developers signed up already for the incentivised Testnet, we’re excited to see what ideas and projects are created along with the NFT Marketplaces, DeFi and games platforms already being built on the Cudos network.”
During the incentivised testnet, you’ll be able to earn CUDOS by completing tasks. Once we deploy our mainnet, participants of Project Artemis will have native CUDOS airdropped to their wallets as a reward for their contributions.
Learn more: Project Artemis – tasks and incentives
How to join?
- If you meet the requirements and want to become a Validator – fill this form.
- If you are a Developer, start building on our Incentivised Testnet by completing this form.
For more: Join our Discord server | Join our Telegram community | Buy CUDOS | Become an Ambassador
The Cudos Network is a layer 1 blockchain and layer 2 computation and oracle network designed to ensure decentralised, permissionless access to high-performance computing at scale and enable scaling of computing resources to 100,000’s of nodes. Once bridged onto Ethereum, Algorand, Polkadot, and Cosmos, Cudos will enable scalable compute and Layer 2 Oracles on all of the bridged blockchains.
For more, please visit: